MEC (Mahmud Es’ad Cosan) Foundation is an independent, Australian charitable organisation of international calibre. It was formed to ensure that the non-discriminatory philosophy and ideals of love, compassion, helpfulness and the legacy of the great intellect, scholar, visionary humanitarian, philosopher, social justice activist and spiritual leader, Professor Dr. Mahmud Es’ad Cosan, were carried out.
The Foundation was formed in Australia in 2002, just after Professor Cosan passed away. Since then, the Foundation has been an advocate for many disadvantaged communities and provided financial, social, psychological and spiritual support for the implementation of various humanitarian projects. Our overarching goal is to focus on social justice in society and address the physical, material, social, cultural, psychological and spiritual needs of needy communities.
We serve with sincerity and invest time, energy and resources in the furthering of social justice, thereby fostering peaceful, prosperous, and just societies. We are dedicated to providing guidance and direction towards addressing the root causes of problems while at all times being solution focused.
We acknowledge that ‘serving the creation for the sake of the Creator’ is a challenging task. It involves commitment, confidence, knowledge, expertise and faith. It requires coordinated efforts of various stakeholders, their collaboration and enthusiasm. This is only achieved by systematic planning and preparation. It is this reason that leads us to our slogan ‘prepares you’. At MEC Foundation, we utilise all our resources to help prepare you for the better.
Our mission is to spiritually prepare individuals to provide social, psychological, spiritual and financial support for the accomplishment of projects covering a range of humanitarian initiatives while at the same time honouring the commitment to humanity and philosophy established by Professor Dr. Mahmud Es’ad Cosan, our inspiration.
- Become protectors and supporters of needy communities;
- Help foster good manners, morality, ethical behaviour and decency;
- Help become defenders of good morals and cultural values;
- Facilitate the easing and resolution of the burden of communities;
- Improve the spiritual, physical, social and psychological development of people, creating healthy, just and peaceful societies;
- Provide ongoing support, education and training to people of all nationality, religion, race and colour;
- Address serious social and environmental problems facing society;
- Develop innovative and critical thinking; and
- Enable people to seek the truth and justify their life.
We take pride to have the following values:
- Tolerance: We respect and tolerate the creation for the sake of the Creator;
- Honesty: We always behave in an honest and moral way;
- Kindness: We act in a kind manner and show concern for others;
- Compassion: We are compassionate towards everything around us;
- Transparency: We encourage openness, communication and accountability;
- Passion: We are passionate about everything we do; and
- Faith: Our faith is a strong element of who we are and is a motivating force at all times.
OUR CURRENT AND PREVIOUS PROJECTS
Since its initiation in 2002, MEC Foundation has carried out and is continuing to conduct a wide range of projects that address a variety of physical, social and spiritual needs. These projects and their effective implementation reflects the ideals and values of Professor Cosan, his interest in Arts, Culture, Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Religion and most importantly, his passion for helping communities. The Foundation has conducted many projects so far, including but not limited to the following:
- Provided and is continuing to provide material and social relief to thousands of needy people in South-East Asia;
- Positively contributing to overall Australian economy by collecting donations from communities around the world;
- Providing financial and social relief towards businesses and communities affected by the South-East Queensland floods; and
- Conducting various education and training programs to develop responsible Australian communities with good characters and morals.
MEC Foundation is registered in Australia as an independent, charitable organisation serving Australians and the global community. It is committed to conduct its local and international projects in the name of Australia, thereby contributing to Australia’s positive image within the international community.
PREVIOUS QURBAN CAMPAIGNS & OBJECTIVES
Through our last seven campaigns we have delivered qurban meat to a combined total of over 350,000 families (almost 1.5 million people) in genuine need. These organisations were supported on a global scale by many people from different regions of the world.
This year, with your support, we aim for our 8th International Qurban Organisation to deliver qurban meats to 100,000 families. At MEC Foundation, we are conscious of the fact that Qurban is not merely an aid or donation campaign but rather an actual form of ‘ibadah. With this understanding in mind, we strive at every step to fulfill your qurban obligation by following the proper Islamic rites and giving the due sensitivity, respect and attention to detail your ‘ibadah deserves.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have favoured, chosen and entrusted us with the responsibility to slaughter and distribute their qurban for their kind support.
PREVIOUS QURBAN CAMPAIGNS & OBJECTIVES
- 8. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1434/2013)
- 7. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1433/2012)
- 6. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1432/2011)
- 5. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1431/2010)
- 4. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1430/2009)
- 3. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1429/2008)
- 2. Uluslararası Kurban Organizasyonu (1428/2007)